Monday, August 19, 2013

I'm still around

Oops..just realised that I've not blogged for a week.  Can't remember what exactly I've been up to though.  Moving on as claimed :P

There was a news recently about an accident of very similar nature to mine, unfortunately the driver in this case did not survive.  I must really thank my lucky stars and God of course for sparing my life and any serious injuries.

The incident also reminded me of what the palmist said about me many many years ago.  He "predicted" that my life is somewhat karmic as in it's meant for me to go through a several 'events' in life.  None of the events are fatal as I have guardian angels protecting me but the experiences will mould me to be a better person, he said.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, he also said that I will find my life partner by 36 or 39.
How come this didn't come true? o.O


Anyway..so I've been moving on.  I've started looking around at the cars in the market.   My budget is around 80-90k preferably.  I'm so spoilt by choices.

I started with very a practical plan by testing the Nissan Almera.  With all that I gone through with cars, I thought I should settle with a basic car, with limited functions and techy stuff so that I spend less on maintenance and repair.  Perfect sense?



The Almera is very spacious, performance wise quite good for a 1.5, I enjoyed the drive.  The highest spec which comes with intelligent key and push start technology is about RM79K before discounts.  I really miss the intelligent key thingy.  It had been so convenient not having to scramble for keys, especially under our current safety conditions in dear old M'sia..our aim is to get in and lock ourselves in the car in lightning speed!

But the Almera has a major setback..it's interior is so bare! There are hardly any compartments.  No compartment for sunglasses, Touch n Go card, water cups.... no USB port...etc etc.

Despite that, it was still in my consideration set. In fact I was planning to have a post about it alone..until I tested the Honda Jazz.  Ooopss.


All my practical sense went haywire.  Reminds me of how I fell in love with the Latio.  I'm all for Jazz now :D

And I've yet to test the City, new Vios and the highly recommended Fiesta.

Sigh..tough choices!









Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Actually you are right about Almera, its interior is REALLY BARE. Nowadays the Japanese made cars interiors are not as good as the continental cars, given the similar value. The only advantage that Japanese cars have is its resale value

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lar..only this particular model is bare. Latio and many other Jap models has good interior. It's probably their intention to keep the Almera bare so that price is affordable.

      It's selling very well actually. Affordable yet big and spacious enough car for family use and more importantly, quality better than 'u knw who'.
      Those who want a bit more will opt for the push start model.

      Delete