Tuesday, January 30, 2007

e x h a u s t e d

I don't think I have done much today but i feel so exhausted right now. And it's not even 7 yet. I cannot imagine how I lasted for 12-14 hours a day in my previous job. I have 2 working days left to clear as much work as I can so that I can go for my 'vacation' in as much peace possible without worrying about my dear boss cursing :p

It's so difficult to concentrate with my mind keep wandering off to my 'vacation' next week.

I would like to salute people who are really ill and are still able and insist to report to work. I had a classmate who had leukaemia and he insisted on coming to school everyday and he always gets flying grades - much better than any of us. He continued to earn excellent grades in STPM but didn't live long enough to step into the University. I salute you my dear friend....you could have just quit and go do something more fun but you insisted on living life the same way as everyone of us did. Now..I am kicking myself..cos I can't even remember your full name..i can only remember your nickname 'kai chai'. It's been more than 10 years now..I wonder where you are now...

Anyway...I had plans to go to the salon today (so that I can look good on the operation table!)...but I am too tired now. Will go tomorrow la. See..I am not even officially ill yet....and I am behaving this way. It's so easy to fall into the 'feel sorry for myself state'. Just gotta keep picking myself up!
Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. Hey you have to think and stay positive!!! Don't let the unknown and uncertainties affect your life.

    Just to share my experience when I had to go for the op for my slipped disc, I oso think abt the worst case scenario but I din let it affect how I lived my life then. I tried to stay positive and just went on with my life as per usual.

    So just enjoy urself and have a good rest this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. muahhaha you so farny.. go salon. BTW, according to the internet

    "A quiet, restful environment is needed when you return home. Make arrangements for someone to be there with you for at least 48 hours after surgery. Expect your first night to be restless"

    meaning -- NO WORK PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are doing just fine. keep your focus at the right place. now at work. Later at resting. :) don't force it though.

    Even i cannot stand long hours now, aging kot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks and do not worry folks..i'll be fine. as cowie said..take it as a 'vacation'!

    ReplyDelete