Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Stopping Gym

I am seriously considering stopping my gym membership since the 24 mths bond period will be up in May. At the rate I am going..the ROI is really really bad. I might as well use the 156 odd ringgit for UT regular investment scheme. I never realised the power of ringgit & cents until I bought a house. Every ringgit counts man.

Now that I've paid off the car loan, I will have more $$ to play around with. I stil owe my ol' man some money for the hse down payment. And I do need cash sooner or later for basic house renov. unless I 'withdraw' (again) from the 'bank of ol'man' at home. I've also recently signed up for a UT regular savings scheme whereby it deducts $100 a mth from your a/c to be invested in a pre-determined fund.

I was quite KIAM as I only opted for the $100 and not more. This lead me to stopping the gym membership which costs me $156+ a mth....since i only go there for a pathetic once a week..I might as well dump the money into better use - right?

As for exercise..I can still rely on tai chi and occasional walk at the park. *still thinking hard*

Worse come to worse..sign up again lo...may be can get a better deal ler.
Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. Hey hey, welcome welcome.
    See, I told you this was a better place, definitely prettier.

    Anyway, this gym thing is difficult, I used to be so gung-ho about it till one day I realised, I have not been there for a whole month!!
    I have since stopped.
    But now I gatal, was thinking of going to a yoga place instead although the company has a very good subsidized program.

    Hmm .... am still thinking about it.

    Welcome once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah, new space ... hmm this space really better ya? As for gym... if u every month do donation only, then I guess you should stop le... eh that amount of money can do alot of thing le... can EAT a lot also :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah wah wah...............new year, new U :).

    I do like this new blog. Do keep up the writings

    ReplyDelete