Monday, January 22, 2007

The weekend started with a BANG for me. Met up with the group at MV before going to CN's place for her pre-wedding 'do'. On the way there, I received my 'findings' (finally). It's bad news for me. Considered not attending the wedding thingy on Sat but decided not to dissappoint little CN. THe night went by with mixed feelings..the crowd helps to take my mind off the worry. Well, I did feel a bit lonely and lost while I was driving home alone later. Since I had to wake up early the next morning...upon reaching home, I quickly washed up and wanted to go to bed and at the same time forget about all the 'sorrows'.

To my surprise my sis turned up and wanted to take my dad out (it's past midnite!) to break the bad news to him. I didnt have the heart to tell her that I wanted to sleep...so I went with them. It turn out to be somethg good - I mean talking abt it with with the family. Came back feeling much better.

Woke up next morning at 7am! Hardly slept...was at CN's place by 8.30am to resume our honorary role as CHI MUI. Our main task is of course....create some obstacles to make it 'not so easy' for the groom.

The groom arrived at about 9am, we were greeted and overwhelmed by the bossy tai kam cheh...who lead the way into the house bringing all kinds of 'gifts' to the bride's family.




















Fortunately, the tai kam cheh was understanding enough to make way and allowed us to 'play' a few tricks on the groom and his heng tai. They were very sporting indeed, by downing our concoctions of bitter coffee, sour apple cider and very very sweet sugar water. They also obliged to put on lipstick and kissed each other (excluding the groom of course).




It was a short wan la...nothing too difficult for these men. Shortly, after tat, the bride met the groom..and tea ceremony went
on smoothly.
























We had some great tasting roast pork while waiting. Next we went on to the grrom's house for another session of tea ceremony. Took more photos and had lunch before leaving. Oh yes..do check out this kid..who had to pee in the special potty ..this is to make sure CN will 'u know what' soon.











Was home close to 4pm. Took a short nap before dressing up and headed to the hotel again.. ..our task there was to usher in guests to their respective section..i.e bride's side vs groom's side. Of course..we didnt too much..jus stood around and looked pretty.
The dinner ended late. Was home close to midnite. Thankfully we still have Sunday to recover from the 'ordeal'. Spent Sunday pretty at home..pondering over my 'little problem'

Back to reality...



Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment