Tuesday, June 24, 2008

No Credit Cards for Petrol..

A recent NST report says...

KUALA LUMPUR: Don't be surprised if some petrol stations do not accept payment by credit cards any more.

The Petroleum Dealers Association has sent notices to its 3,500 members nationwide, advising them to accept only cash from motorists who fill up their tanks from today.Association president Abdul Wahid Bidin said following the increase in fuel prices, petrol station operators could no longer be burdened by the charges imposed on them by credit card companies.

"It is a business decision. After the fuel price hike, petrol station operators have to cut costs." ..READ MORE

Things are not going in a favorable direction at all. I was initially very pissed with the above report. Was actually thinking about the possibility of everyone NOT FILLING UP COMPLETELY and Let's All Stay at Home!

Now..I am coming to terms. Can I make do without a credit card when filling up? Can you? It's just a matter of making sure I have 110 bucks in my pocket right? Well well, with our not very safe streets and my personal unpleasant experiences ....I do not withdraw more 300 bucks each time. Normally 300 bucks can last me 2-3 weeks if there are no special outings. Now...if I use cash for petrol..that will be almost 50% of each withdrawal. This means I will have to withdraw more each time or I withdraw more often. But the bloody banks charge additional fee when one exceeds the maximum withdrawal frequency in a moonth.

NM! Why do I have this feeling that no one actually cares about giving consumers the Best in Convenience? Where is the spirit? Was there any in the first place?
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. with 110, that means ur tank is approx 40 litre, that is 40kg. to save on petro, my engineer sister suggested to only fill half the tank.. that means, you can still carry small amount.. but could be more inconvenient... haiyah.. dunno la..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you that they are not bother about us, the consumers.

    A few of my colleagues also lamented about the same thing - hv to carry more cash now but they also worry abt safety......look like we the consumers are always in the losing end.

    However, there is still hope. There are still petrol stations where credit cards are accepted. I went to Mobil on Monday to pump petrol but cc was not accepted so I went to the Caltex station next door where they accepted cc payment :)

    ReplyDelete