Friday, June 27, 2008

Wrong Target

It’s either I have a thing for oldies or these older men have a thing for me. I wrote in my previous blog 1-2 years back about this soya bean seller in his 40s who always had praises for me whenever I dropped by for a packet of soya bean.

And now..instead of soya bean..I’d make occasional visit to this Chinese coffee shop to take –away a mug of Kopi Si using my trendy Starbucks mug. My father and I discovered the great kopi from this shop not too long ago and we’ve been having our brunch there almost every weekend. Addicted. The main kopi maker is this old man who is probably in his late 70s may be early 80s. Once in a while his son (around 30s) will be around to relieve him.

Recently I noticed that this cheerful old man gets even more cheerful when he sees me. And he can remember that I like kopi si. Not too long ago..he started exclaiming remarks like –“Leng Lui..ho loi mo lei ah” (Pretty gal..long time u no come ah).

Yesterday he was even more chatty. He asked me why I didn’t come last weekend and who is that man that I always come with?

Hmm…

As a typical researcher..let me make some comparison. That son of him..who supposedly belongs to a more relevant age group to me…never noticed me. Never acknowledge me. On Tuesday, he made my kopi si..and guess what! It was bitter! He forgot to put sugar!

And there is this daughter of his..ok wrong gender but same age range mah. She is the cashier..slightly better..sometimes she remembers that I am this gal who take away with a cup so..it’s $1.60 instead of $1.70. But then again..no smiles. No Hello. No Leng Lui.

S I G H…luckily..the bunch young foreign workers (waiters) in the shop recognizes me too. Just like their old man boss. *Eyes Rolling*

Completely off target man...
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Eh maybe the old man is checking you out for his son ;).

    Mmmm you must have done something to attract his attention and make him remember you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. liew's comment sounds possible wor.. maybe the son sam fong fong when see u ler.. tu lah, sugar also lupa :D

    ReplyDelete