Monday, June 30, 2008

On Sodomy and Driving

Since it's such a mundane Monday for me I shall just write soemthing just for the sake of writing. Personally, I am at That stage again..where I feel I need to be doing more in life..but what? A friend just told me that he/she is thinking about quitting her current lucrative job - this piece of expected and yet still surprising news triggered my emotions even more. Anyway..in the midst of yet another round of political turmoil ..my flip flop emotions is nothing to worry about.

SO..what do you think about the latest hoo haa about yet another sodomy accusation on the country's ex-DPM turned hottest opposition leader? Do you really think he is a dirty homosexual maniac? Or do you think this is just a form of political fabrication to sustain his arising power and influence? You are welcome to Place A Vote on the right hand column. For more juicy news ..click on to Limkitsiang's blog or any of the alternative media sites on malaysia kini and malaysia today.

On a lighter note...a little bit of observations on driving habits after the fuel price hike. Do you ever wonder how the traffic volume can reduce so substantially recently? Where did all the cars go? I kind of concluded that it's contributed by little changes in our habits. For example....... I always prefer driving out for lunch...spending less on cheaper and yet nicer food at coffee shops or even slightly expensive but nicer food IS always better than having miserable expensive but lousy food in the mall here. Despite that..I found myself refraining from driving too far away..on Friday, I blocked out my inner cravings to drive down town for that yummy curry laksa. In the evening, chris refused to meet me in ikea cos it's jus too costly for in fuel terms :D

On Sunday, my sister offered to drive to dinner although my car was just at her doorstep because she needed to de-tour to get some fish food. She probably felt bad that I was driving most of the early part of the day..picking up my aunt from KL and sending her back to KL. A few weeks ago, I made her drive to setapak cos I thought she has full petrol sunsidies from the office...she doesn't have..I was made to know :p

SO..it's probably these little adjustments that we subconsciously make to save a little bit to compensate the costlier cost of living. My father had also opted to have simple dinner at home instead of going out for dinner where we will normally spend at least 40-50 bucks a meal.
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Yes I also noticed that there are less cars on the road after the fuel price increase. Not sure how long it will stay though as ppl tend to forget very fast. So enjoy it while it lasts

    ReplyDelete