Sunday, August 05, 2012

I want my life back..


It hasn't been rosy in July.

Much had been spent on treatment and medical bills.

End June, sprained the left ankle, and aggravated old right ankle, and then somehow pulled some muscles at the back of left knee.


Mid July, became somewhat sick, then became really sick.

It's now August and I'm still sick, ankles have not recovered fully, hamstring (or whatever muscle at the back of knee) still hurts.

I'm tired of coughing. I'm tired of sniffing and blowing nose.
I miss my morning coffee. I miss latte.
I miss enjoying food.
I miss going to the gym every alternate day.
I miss having a good night sleep.
I want my life back!


Coincidentally, read a post written recently by my one of my gym instructor.

 the big question, she asked, is it
  •  the sports' fault that the athletes sustain injuries though it ? or,
  •  the athletes' fault that he/she allows injuries to happen ?



I wondered all the time.  While I cannot deny that age is really catching up, my body's starting to show signs of lethargy due to age and probably delayed side effects from the previous TM attack. Some of the aches that I had over the last 2 weeks felt quite similar to those that I had over 20 years ago when I had TM.  I sure hope it's not recurring. Chances of TM recurring is very low. It shouldn't happen again!

So..gone are the days where I could go for back to back gym classes.  Gone are the days where I could goworkout every day.  And nowadays, being sick and all, I'd be happy to be able to work out even once twice a week.

Anyway, back to the post, take a read if you're interested, otherwise, relevant points based on my read as follows:


In every sports, there will be injuries. Period. 


If you are a leisure athletes in these area training to be better, it is not abnormal to sustain injuries because these sports will surface your muscular weakness/flaws. 

The imbalance will lead to injuries. It is a way the body is telling you where you need to strengthen more specifically before moving forward.


It is a good time for you to learn about your body since there is no operational manual. 


It will be ashamed if one were to shrink back from the sports due injuries sustain through this journey. Even worse, blame the injuries on the sports or even bad mouth the sports.



Therefore, if you are injured through a sports, know that it is part of journey. 

It is NEVER the fault of the sports. It is either your body functional weakness signalling you that needs to be strengthen or it is YOUR CHOICE to push the limit. 

So, be clear with your sports objectives, have mental and emotional clarity, most of all TAKE RESPONSIBILITY of your CHOICE. 







Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. i'd like to send u some high quality liquid supplements(micro molecules, high absortion, contains more than 50 types of minerals) which i'm also taking myself and my whole family has benefit from it real well, only if you don't mind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yoyo,

      Will let u know 'm ready to explore. taking too many things now.

      Delete