Monday, June 10, 2013

Kampar again




I was in Kampar again.  It's been quite some time since anyone took my dad back to his home town, I've been thinking about dong it for some time.

Decided to just do it last Saturday.

So, I drove 160km for almost 3 hours.  It was a public holiday and the school's mid term break, so there highway was very busy.

Almost arriving, my dad gleefully said that he wants his Kampar Ice Coffee :D

So, that's the first thing we did.  Local Ice Coffee with some economy fried noodles, yam cake and a type of kuih.


Then we walked to the other stalls to see what else is there to eat.

He spotted some pau..being an 'experienced' man..with one look he can tell if the food is good, apparently..so he bought some pau.

We sat down at one of the busiest spot and ordered a bowl of ABC (Air Batu Campur i.e Shaved Ice with Mixed Ingredients - I believe this is a Malaysian specialty)




I ordered the infamous Kampar Noodle with additional ingredients.

Nothing to shout about for the noodles..but the ingredients are so so good.  Cannot ever find the same taste in KL town.



Dad's paus were very good too.   He bought another 4 to take home :)


The weather was very hot, we were full and the roads are too congested for us to travel further to Ipoh. So, we decided to head home.

Ya, quite crazy to drive all the way just to eat.

I was hoping to get to a waterfall that I saw on foursquare but the road was too narrow to drive in. Too bad.


So..it was all the way home.  It was quite tiring..and the hot sun really made it quite difficult to stay awake.  I actually dozed off once for a good few seconds.  Very dangerous indeed.


Well, it may sound like a waste of time, petrol and toll charges..but I think it's worth it.







Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Good for you :). Maybe next time when I go bk to Ipoh for the weekend, you can also go bk to Kampar. Then u can come to Ipoh after Kampar & stay a nite at my place :)

    ReplyDelete