Monday, June 17, 2013

New shoes!





Those who know me well enough will know that I spend more time and money on sports shoes than anything else (apart from food and coffee).

I've been looking out for a long time for a good pair to replace the blue Nike Eclipse that I bought in 2011 in Vietnam, which I use mainly for casual wear.  Nike Eclipse wasn't meant for sports.

It wasn't an urgent replacement, so I took my own sweet time.  I was eyeing the Skechers Go Run   that I fell in love with when it was first launched.  It was original priced over RM300!   I waited and waited, it's now at RM299.. I'm still reluctant :P

Then, I thought I spotted something I like from Adidas Originals...again it was over RM300, somehow I'm not that willing to spend so much on a casual shoe.

I rather spend more on proper running/training shoes.like these..can you guess which one I chose?


http://sneakerreport.com


So..anyway, I was saying that I was in no hurry.  Until I saw this!



1. It's pink
2. It's cool
3. It's a brand new version (W730 version 3)
4. There's a 20% disc with a StanChart card
5. It's only about RM200+





And, and, it's not just a casual wear.  If my feet are up to it (less cushioning relatively), I can use it at the gym or running.  While it doesn't really belong to the minimal (barefoot) category, it's designed to be lightweight and flexible.  A word of caution from a very knowledgeable sales rep at the NB store, only use this for high impact workout like running or cardio exercises if you have relatively strong leg muscles, i.e if you're not a regular or a starter, not recommended to start with this as this doesn't provide sufficient cushioning and support.



As you may have read, I do have some problems with ankles, etc. Hence, I had second thoughts about using this for running.  I tested it on Bodycombat though as I found grip of the running shoes were a bit too strong and disrupts some of the footwork during class.

Verdict..hmm..not too bad actually.  I love the lightness and flexibility but I miss the 'safety' and 'comfort' of the running shoes.  Still not too sure for now.





Do you like it?



Best Blog Tips

1 comment: