Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dark Vader by Bert's Jr. Gourmet Burgers


If you happen to be a burger person and happen to be around Kota D'sara, do check out this place - Bert's Jr. Gourmet Burgers.

Yep, name's a mouthful.  Let's just call it BErt's for simplicity sake.

I thought I've had enough new burger joints.  Seems like everyone is starting their own version in different hoods from Setapak, Sentul, Ara D'sara, Subang, Bangsar, etc, hoping to ride on the craze set by the infamous myBurgerlab.

I don't really go around to try all the outlets but I do pay attention to blogs and comments on the social networks like 4sq or facebook pages.

So far I've only took the trouble to try The Grind, Burger Junkyard, Fatboy and for some peculiar reasons myBurgerlab remains as my personal fav. Second placing - The Grind, mainly for Black Dog and better seating and dining environment.

For some peculiar reason, one day I decided to go try Bert's. It was lunch time on a weekday. It was an extremely hot day.  We wanted somewhere air conditioned and we were quite hungry.  So, I suggested to have some good burgers.   It was either Grind or Bert's, mainly because of their location.  My lunch companion say let's try a new one since I've tried Grind.


We were the only customers.  I mus say we were quite brave to walk in despite the store being empty.  Thanks to a positive blog review that I read earlier.  So, be nice to bloggers!  In fact be nice to all your customers cos what we say and write about you C O U N T S.


Bert's running an opening promo:

Pic from https://www.facebook.com/bertsjr

I took the Dark Vader.  Can't remember description and can't find any in their FB site.  Sorry.

But, it's beef, very very juicy and tasty I must say.



I agree with the the previous blogger who described Bert's burger are more towards street burgers.  Compared to myBurgerlab, despite the similarity in looks (charcoal bun and all), I must say that the taste is totally different.  It did get quite messy towards the end due to the juice and/or oiliness.  It wasn't a pretty sight :P

I don't mind coming back again.  At least I get proper seating here, and I can eat in peace, but be prepared to feel terribly guilty post-meal. Make sure you have a work out plan the next day :)

I'm eyeing the New York Hot Dog next.


My friend took the Baa Baa Black Sheep, see below.
Ya..looks the same..but as she said..it's lamb, we don't get lamb often..so it was a good change. She liked it.



Do check them out at https://www.facebook.com/bertsjr

Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha you have tried so many, I have yet to even try BurgerLab ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. must try the darth vader, much better than burger lab

    ReplyDelete