Sunday, May 30, 2010

Life's little pleasures

Was feeling a little cooped up lately.  Gotta do something different from the usual.

Even breakfast has to be different.
 
Was also a bit worried to see dad so moody lately.  Decided to go for a little breakaway.
Nothing fancy..just a short road trip out of the city.



What is more crazy than driving 142 km to have lunch :)

and be rewarded by an out of this world cooling glass of rich iced coffee

Was abit worried when dad chose to order from a stall with least customers.

Surprisingly, the beef and spare parts turned out to be mighty good.

If you know me well enough..you will know that I will definitely not just settle for a plate of beeff noodles after driving 142km for 2 hours :-P

The foodie in me snooped around..and identified a busy assam laksa stall nearby with many customers waiting to take away..the aroma from the stall smelled good too.  I'm not a fan of assam laksa..but the looks of bowls and bowls dished out from this stall was too tempting.

Indeed it was quite good.  

How I wish I have a bigger stomach.  There's another stall selling yummy Kampar Noodles...with yummy stuffed taufu, etc etc. I was too stuffed to order another dish :-(


Ermm..not exactly.  We were eating again after an hour :D Tea time!

Next..back to nature @ Lata Kinjang

Unfortunately, it was raining.  Didn't stay long. The rocks were so slippery that I slipped an fell twice all because I wanted to get this pic.




All in all..it was a good "day-off".

I call it Life's little pleasures.  Sometimes you don't have to search far for pleasures :-)

I have ten yummy kaya puffs waiting for me \0/

Oh err..Only eight left..cos I've already eaten two in the last 3 hours :D
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. The food looks YUMMY!!! Next time I go back to Ipoh, I will stop by Kampar to try those food too :)

    ReplyDelete