Monday, November 01, 2010

Only one strong arm..

It's been two days since the little accident.  I'd still classify it as a minor one...as it really could've been much much complicated if he had hurt is head for example.  An arm injury..and nothing else is really really a blessing in disguise although.. now the injuries do not seem as simple as we thought it was.

I did believe and made it sound like dad will be on a smooth way to recovery after the othopedic's successful procedure in putting the posterior dislocation back into place.

Hmm...


While he is in much much less pain now, it looks like it will be a long slow process to full recovery e.g regaining full use of the arm.  The shoulder is intact alright but..the upper arm area near the elbow is still swollen.  The thing is..everyone..doctors inclusive were concentrating on the dislocation..partly because he claimed he fell on the shoulder...so no one paid attention to the other part of the arm.


I'm being very careful with what I am putting down here as I don't particularly want to appear to be blaming any of the doctors.  Should I? Don't know.


Don't think so...?

Anyways..so we decided to start with TCM treatment on the 2nd day itself instead of sitting around till the next appointment with the othopedic.  We've always believe in a 2-pronged approach.

Progress made..after 2 sessions at the TCM but they told us to keep a close eye on the swelling ...,if it persists, he may need another x-ray to rule out fracture : /


Sigh,..

These little mishaps...happen for good reasons..it serves as a reminder to us on how lucky we are that he ..despite being close to 80 is still fairly independent and physically fit all these years.  I've been taking for granted that it is because of him that I can stay out ..doing whatever that I enjoy doing without worrying about needing to come home early.  Yes..I'm so lucky..to be able to have food (cooked or non cooked) waiting for me..everyday.

With this 'minor' injury for example..I'd to think about whether he is able to prepare meals for himself, do I need to prepare ingredients before I go off in the morning, is he even able to cook rice with only one strong arm, etc etc.  Just imagine how inconvenient it's gonna be if we only have one strong arm..you will see what I mean.


He just told me..that he can make do.  Even told me what he plans to cook for dinner tomorrow!  Oh..he even wanted to get back on the bike to start work ..*faint*  
FYI..he was having difficulties eating with both hands : s


And,,that's only one weak arm.

So..my friends...be grateful of your good arms, good legs, good health.  Not only yourselves...your old folks and all loved ones.


Just....be thankful.
Look around you..and count all the good things you have right now. And say Thank You :)

















Best Blog Tips

1 comment: