Tuesday, May 08, 2012

It's going to be 5 months


How time flies.
I've gone into the fifth month being 'unemployed'.  And yeah..I'm still surviving :P

I'm happy. Yupe..I can conclude that I've been happy despite having a relatively less stable flow of income.  Gone are the days where I only have to clock in and out of work every weekday and ta daa there will be a pay check every single month.  I'd be lying if I'd say that I don't worry at all about finances.

So far so good...nothing spectacular, but enough to maintain my somewhat comfortable lifestyle, for now.  I don't hope for a booming  business, I'd be happy if I can break even i.e. just enough for me to cover the necessities and some of life's little luxuries., well, I don't mind a little bit more so I can start planning for holidays :D  I had to turn down Jenny's invitation to go to India : /

It's too risky to spend unnecessary as I can't even see what it's gonna be like after June.

Well, everything comes with a price.

I still can't tell for sure if this is a right path and where will this path lead me to....but one thing I know for sure is I wake up everyday feeling somewhat happy. If only I have zero financial commitments, then I can live like this, happily ever after.  Wishful thinking :D

So..how does thing work out in our little complicated life?

If..we take up a job, we get paid fairly well, we don't have to worry about not having enough for monthly pay outs,etc.  If unlucky, which most of us are, we end up working 10-12 hours a day on stress mounting responsibilities. Higher post, higher pay but more stress.  And then we lose out on other things in life, we don't eat regularly, we don't sleep enough....

Is there a good paying job with 'not so much stress' I wonder.


I don't have much stress now.   Occasionally, yes..when there are deadlines and when things don't turn out the way I want them to.. in fact I've worked some late nights over some weekends last month. But it's nothing compared to what some of my friends are going through in the office.  And of course..there are 'stress' that come in a other ways like thinking about whether..I will make enough bla bla bla bla..


Ohh.... sometimes I wonder what is life all about.  We learn and study as told by our parents.  Then we come out to the society to work.  Everyone works for someone..so that businesses and economy keeps growing.  Some of us get married and have our own children.  Then we work hard to make sure out children get the best in life.  And then our children grow up and..they come out and work...

Is that life?

What do you want in life?

My personal motto has always been Life is an Enjoyment or Life is a Journey.  So..may be I shouldn't ponder too much...just walk the path...and enjoy the journey.








Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. I really envy you............I wished I hv the courage to take the plunge like what you have done. Mmmm maybe I need to work on a plan so that I also can quit the rat race & stressful corporate life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are giving encouragement to make me realise this -we live to work or work to live? Either way it is our own choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm..ya..it's all in our hands..but there is no such thing is a perfect solution..that's life..I guess..nothing comes free and easy

    ReplyDelete