Sunday, May 13, 2012

PJ Dawn 2012 - Done!


THE plan was to leave home around 2ish, latest 2.30am so that we have sufficient time to find our way in case of road blocks, searching for car park space, etc.  Which means,  we should be in bed around 7.30pm  in order to get at least 6 hrs sleep, 

8pm:
I was still waiting for dinner :s
I texted ML to ask if she was in bed, she just got home, on her way home, her training ran late was in discussions and had farewell dinner with the bosses and such. 

SH decided to skip the run at the last minute due to 'health' reasons.

10.30pm:
I just got home from dinner!
ML who couldn't sleep, asked if we should still go...I said..Let's go la..for Morning walk :D

As I was getting ready to go to my bedroom, my dad said this to me:
"faster go sleep, if not u will be running alone at the last in tomorrow's morning run, bad people will catch you!"

11.00pm:
Tried to doze off.

1.00am:
Phone alarm came on. Snooze it..

1.15am:
I got up to properly shut down the laptop after a qucik look at FB and CItyville.  Found out that another friend will be running too.  And she only got home from Russell Peters at midnight!
I shut down the laptop, went back to sleep, excuse was..I don't need an hour to reach Stadium Kelana Jaya ler.

1.50am:
Dragged myself up and left the house around 2:20am.  

Got to destination safely at 3am, met up with ML.  



Flagged off was on schedule at 4am.
And so...we ran...



The route was so much more easier than ENR's.  I don't remember any slope.  Weather was somewhat breezy.  

I jogged alongside ML for aorunf 30 mins before I slowed down and as always..she moved on steadily like an energiser bunny.



Knees, ankle, back felt "delicate" although overall..aches and pains were very much less. So..I had to be very careful with every step little step.  Stamina wise not up to mark yet..had to stop quite abit to recover.  

In fact, I felt like a jello at the 6km water station.  Was hoping for some 100plus or any isotonic supply but there wasn't any!

Fortunately, ML gave me a packet of power gel.  Taking power gel for 12km run..haha..but it really did help.

Sigh..how am I gonna run 21km in September at the Taiping International?!

I'm revisiting my average speed on Runkeeper / Sportypal which I only started using in 2011 onwards:

21km at ENR 2011: 5.90 km/h / 10.17 min/km
- that was the fittest time of my life but I didn't give a 100% effort :/

5km at Shape Night run 2011 : 7.10 km/h  / 8.45 min/km
- 1st run after the back injury :(

16.8km at Adidas KOTR 2011 : 5.69 km/h / 10.54 min/km

10km at Nike We run KL 2011 : 7.34 km/h / 8.17 min/km

15.5km at ENR 2012 : 6.51 km/h / 9.21 min / km

12km at PJ Dawn : 7.30km/h / 8.21 min / km

Hmm..looks like I'm slowly getting back on track..?

Too bad I wasn't using an Iphone in 2010, so I don't have 2010 records in those apps.
Let's check the old postings here!   Great..I did a summary HERE

Looks like my best time in 2010 was at SCKLM (7.7 min/km) and Nike 10.10.10 (7.8 min/km)
Hmm..so I'm getting there..I think...




Ok..till the next run..here's the medal for PJ Dawn.  Not too bad looking.




Oh..by the way, my dear bunny friend got into top 100, 75th placing to be exact and qualified for this tee.
Awesome!



Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Just have to take it easy and make sure you don't exert yourself till Sept :)

    ReplyDelete