Thursday, May 24, 2012

What's your Passion?


Re: http://tinybuddha.com/blog/what-we-really-need-to-be-happy/


“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.”


I really wonder how true this is.  I think we know very well that money doesn't bring true friends.  But the fact is that we live in a materialistic and somewhat selfish world.  Its foolish to expect everyone to be a saint.  Human being humans we all have faults and imperfections.  That's why there is only one Mahatma Gandhi and one Aung San Suu Kyi in this world.


At the end of the day, we cannot control what others think and do.  What's important is within us, deep inside.


The writer (see link above) also says...


"Now in a perfect world we wouldn’t need money and we could all be on our merry life’s journey striving to chase down our passions. But unfortunately our world is not a utopia and money is something we do need."

I struggled trying to get the conclusion the writer was trying to get at.  In the end I realised..it's actually what all of us are facing... The questions that we all have in our heads.. 


...do I like my job?
.. what else can I do?
.. I have a family to support, I can't live my job..
..what else is there to life other than going to work and coming home?




And there is no one straightforward answer, unfortunately.  Like I said, not easy at all to be as great as someone in the likes of Aung San Suu Kyi who sacrificed her own life and love...for her beliefs and passion to her country.


Sacrifice it is.  Nothing comes free.  No one good thing will fall from the sky.  (May be those who strike a huge lottery prize before will disagree to this :D).


Anyway..the writer ended the piece with these:



But the most important lesson out of this was not how to be happily frugal. It was that pursuing your passion, however frustrating, however challenging, is ultimately the key to happiness.
Muster up the courage, take the leap, and be prepared to throw all those things you don’t really “need” away.
It’s time we start looking at our entire lives as purposeful, passion-filled journeys—not opportunities to collect as many possessions as we can to distract ourselves.



I like the last sentence :)


Past mid-life, I'm still searching for a Passion though... 

Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment