Sunday, January 20, 2013

Drama in the gym


Life has been pretty interesting I must say :P

Try to picture this..

I was cooling down in the changing room, before going into shower after a class at the gym.

It was Sunday morning, so it was very quiet, less than 5 persons in the huge changing room.

Subconsciously, I know someone came out from the shower and walked pass me, I was sitting near the mirror where all the hair dryers are, browsing my phone.


All of a sudden, there's a loud "poooofff" and then "roarrrr" and I felt HEAT!

I was like..WHAT THE...

It felt like I was just next to a huge oven....not exaggerating..there was a huge ball of fire

Like really HUGE...


I stood up...couldn't believe what I was seeing...at the same trying to figure out what I should do...are we in any danger..shall I switch off the hair dryer..shall we just pack and leave..etc etc

Yes..the hair dryer switched on by itself and started blowing fire..from its front and back.

So scary it was.


The gal who just came out of shower was just using the hair dryer next to it..she was still in towels and was equally shocked.

I couldn't find any fire extinguisher within reach..so the next best thing to do is to run out and inform the staff.

The nearest staff available would be the Fitness Department, right outside the changing room.

The guys daren't come in..because it's a ladies room.  The only gal staff available came in after making a call to whoever it is.


When she came in..the fire had subsided..it was only smoke..so..she went out..to check if anyone's coming.


After she left..it started again...and then more smoke and then more fire..


So..I ran out again..to tell them to hurry up..by now we started to wonder if we should evacuate for safety lol.


The lady staff said..yes..maintenance is on the way..but you gals may want to leave the room before the guys enter.

The other gal who was still in her towel was like..ohhh yaaa...I should change!   :D

By now, there's another gal who just came in..she was cool and changing into her work out clothes while watching the commotion, and then she locked up her locker and left for her work out LOL.



Picture..below is only the smaller version of the fire..
The gal in towel came back after changing to get this pic from me :D :D



When the guys arrived, the fire had stopped..there was only smoke and a very strong smell.





Hair dryer completely destroyed.


I was reluctant to leave before shower..so I hung around for a bit..to make sure it's safe to go into shower..and I did.


By the time I came out of shower, everything was cleaned up...and everyone has left.

I was having a headache by then and now feeling slightly unwell, with a itchy throat and running nose, I think I inhaled too much smoke :D



On a more serious note...shouldn't there be a fire extinguisher or fire alarm somewhere? I asked for one..no one could tell me.  Hmm...





Best Blog Tips

1 comment: