Saturday, January 05, 2013

Money Matters..


Financially, it has been a pretty dry Q4 for me..there were jobs confirmed, but 4 out of 5 were pending for some reasons I never found out.  I was kept somewhat occupied with the initial setup work, LLB that is.  In other words, there were work, at the back of my mind I know there will be income but if the main part of the job doesn't get going I won't know when the real money will come in.


Fortunately, things are finally moving now.  And..all are moving, at one go.  When it rains..it pours so to speak.


Unfortunately, its a new financial year.  So..that's what business is all about.  Those days, as an employee, I rejoice when jobs get postponed...cos there are less work and I still get paid \o/  My bosses, on the other hand, wanted the jobs billed as soon as possible before the year ends so that the numbers will look good in the books. Especially when performance are measured based on numbers.  So..if you're an employee reading this..you know now, why you're always extremely busy during the end of a financial year :)

As a proprietor now, I still rejoice when jobs are on-hold (cos I'm a lazy entreprenuer) but at the same time..I know very well, when jobs don't get going, I can't invoice, the later I send out invoices, the later I get paid :(

Just had a look at the e-statement of my main credit card.  Two insurance premium due in Jan ..urghhh.


Money matters...unfortunately, it does.. at such situations.  Although, I'd like to believe that money shouldn't be the only reason to live.









Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment