Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bleu Cheese Burger


I had a 'blue cheese burger' last night. Or rather..I attempted to eat a 'bleu' cheese burger and I failed miserably. When I placed the order it totally didn't strike me that bleu cheese = blue cheese. Well, thanks to my limited knowledge in western cuisine. When the food arrived, my sensitive nose detected the smell. At first I thought it's the bacon. Until I noticed the awful blog of bleu cheese underneath the bacon, right ontop of the burger! It smells horrible. I tried one bite with some cheese on it..I almost threw up. Didnt' want to waste food, so i tried scraping off the cheese and just eat the 'inside' of the burger - euww..the tste is so strong. Ended up ..trying to finish the fries...by now..everything on the plate tasted the same. PPL offered me some of her ribs...I still taste blue cheese in her ribs! Arghh...what an awful dinner...and it cost me almost 30 bucks including taxes. @$%#$%

The following is a definition of blue cheese from wikipedia.
Blue cheese, known in French as bleu ("blue"), is a general classification of cow's milk, sheep's milk, or goat's milk cheeses that has had Penicillium cultures added so that the final product is spotted or veined throughout with blue or blue-green mold. Some blue cheeses are injected with spores before the curds form and others have spores mixed in with the curds after they form. Blue cheeses are typically aged in a temperature-controlled environment such as a cave.
Much like wines, many blue cheeses such as
Roquefort, Gorgonzola, and Stilton are a protected designation of origin in the European Union, meaning they can bear the name only if they have been made in a particular region in a certain country. Similarly, individual countries have protections of their own such as France's Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée.
The characteristic flavor of blue cheeses tends to be sharp and a bit salty. The smell of this food is pungent, even compared to other cheeses. They can be eaten by themselves or can be crumbled or melted over foods
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. the 1st photo looks like some horrible food from Fear Factor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the taste but hate the smell. Mayb v shld categorized it under acquire taste food segment!

    ReplyDelete