Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Condolences (again)

Loss of words..nothing to be said as I've anticipated this. But that doesn't mean I am not sad. My close friend's mom has lost the battle. She passed away this afternoon. I feel honoured that she called me personally to tell me the news (in between her sobs). I managed to utter some words of sympathies. It's been drizzling the whole of yesterday and today. Auntie, you must be someone important up there...

I think this is my 3rd or 4th entry about someone's passing ever since I started blogging. This year itself 3 entries if I am not mistaken. Boy....are we getting old or what...our loved ones are aging and leaving this world. Or are people dying younger?

I have developed a habit of browsing through the orbituary page in the papers to check if I knew anyone. Serious..I am not joking. And ..I noticed that people are dying younger and younger nowadays. Each day..I will see one or two who are in 40s sometimes 30s...

Sigh..

May you rest in peace, Auntie.
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. I think in this case, though she is well aware that her Mom will die, when the moment came, it's still very difficult to accept.

    However I was glad that she managed to spend time with her Mom and was with her when she blew her last breath

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost count the number of funerals i have been to tis year and yes obituaries have also bcame my daily routine (so disheartening!). Really really hate the feeling but unfortunately deaths is something no one can avoid!

    Agreed with WK - being able to spend some time and was there till her last moment is the best. Guilt feeling is not so extensive!

    ReplyDelete