Thursday, July 19, 2007

Helpless

I discovered that my heart aches most when I am helpless...when there is absolutely nothing I can do to help. A close friend of mind is in distress watching her dearest mom slowly losing her battle to sickness. It is most painful to learn that life is slipping away and there is absolutely nothing we can do. At this juncture, money is not important anymore..one will be willing to spend any amount to drive away the pain. Unfortunately, money doesn't buy life & health.

Having gone through the experience myself, I felt quite indifferent when I heard the latest development cos I know that there is nothing left to be done, one just have to be strong to face the rough journey. And hopefully time will heal the pain quickly. Nevertheless, I sent an sms offering our support in any kind i.e. finance, moral, anything that she may need - just to make sure that she knows we are here for her. Her reply as follows:

"Thanks. Jus need you all to pray for her. Wish her in comfort and happy.."

I teared when I read the reply. I wondered why I did. I thought I was indifferent. I thought I was prepared. Eventually, I realised that I teared because of Helpless-ness. I sent the sms offering my help...hoping that there is something that I can offer...money? companionship? advise? But her reply asked for Prayers instead. That is one thing that I don't really know how to do.
Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. "Buddhism teaches that a single day of life is worth more than all the treasures of the universe."

    Pray for your friend's mother. My colleague's mother was recently admitted to ICU. Her condition become worse and he asked us to pray for her fast recovery.

    When I pray at night, I think of his mother (though we have never met) and offer my prayers.

    At one point in time, she became stronger and recovered. Everyone was happy and hopeful. Then one day, her conditions worsen and need to go into operations.

    So, we all pray again that her operations is successful and it is though she's still in ICU.

    I treat all these as victories because every day she live, is a win. It is her fight and struggle that matters and made her shine as a human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thks for ur comment FY. The first paragraphs tells me alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess most important now is for us to give her all the support that she needs eventhough it's just moral support. And of course to pray for her mom as she wants us to do.

    ReplyDelete