Thursday, July 26, 2007

Good Deed

When was the last time u did a good deed? Help an old lady cross the street? Hold a door for a stranger? Slow down for a car to cut in? I've read many times that doing a good deed helps one to feel good as well. On several stressed out evenings after work, I'd many times slowed down my car to allow pedestrians crossed my path, some will smile & wave back as a sign of appreciation. Regardless of whether they appreciate it or not..doing something nice made me feel good. No matter how simple the deed is.

I offered to drive a friend to the hospital today. Well, partly because I was a kind of lazy to go back to the office so soon. "An emergency" gives a valid excuse to stay out for a couple more hours. On the other hand, I did think she will appreciate some help. Everything turn out fine with her, so we went for a drink after that.

Few years back, a colleague had to persuade me to drive her to the hospital because she had severe menstrual pain. I was reluctant to go becasue I was really busy with work. And I really thought she could have gone by herself. I agreed to do so eventually. Surprisingly, I felt very good after doing so..eventhough I had to work some extra time to cover some work.

Although, there were no hugs and kisses thanking each other..I guess there were mutual feelings. It's like an additonal feather added onto the friendship cap. No future expectations ...the broad huge smile deep in my heart is enough to make the day so much brighter.

Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Thank you v much for your help. I felt relief when doctor said my baby was okay. Really appreciated it. Once again, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the beauty of having friends - whenever help is necessary friends are there (regardless of standing silently or in action form) and with the hope that your good deeds will be passed to other ppl. Chain reaction!

    Plus also high satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete