Tuesday, April 03, 2007

..

2 months ago today my life was at a 'pause' for a moment. Nothing really matters then while I was anxious to find out if I had the 'disease'. I am thankful that things turn out just fine. Last night, I read an article from a cancer patient struggling for survival.

...Her mother passed away in the 80's due to cancer. In the 90's both herself and sister was diagnosed with breast cancer and had mastectomy. Years later, she had to go for 38 sessions of radiotherapy to treat a cancerous lump in her neck. In addition to all the side effects, she also lost all her teeth as her gums became too weak to hold her teeth. She went on to fight the disease by taking more healthy food and supplements. The disease striked for the 3rd time......

I can't remember the rest of the story but the essence of her article says that we should not give up on hope. Despite the multiple attacks, she refused to give up but insisted on staying alive.

Tests has confirmed that I don't have the 'disease' but I do have have some other complications which requires rather long term follow up attention. Tomorrow I am due for my 3rd (out of 6) jab. How fast time flies...and how much has this small episode changed my life?

Well, physically I am slightly slimmer :) Psychologically, I have not recovered fully from the scare...to some extent I still think something is wrong somewhere. Medically, I am suppose to be having some minor irritability, hot flushes, etc side effects from the jabs.

I've learnt to be a 'duck' though. Managed to ignore whatever side effects that came about. Secretly, I am enjoying the 'freedom' from those monthly discomfort that every woman has to go through. I am still actively going to the gym (even paid for a personal trainer) so that I can get myself back fit and 'shapy' (hopefully). I am still in taici - which helps me 'heal' internally. And..I shall try to eat as healthily as possible lor.

P/S: I also hold dear to an advise that FY shared with me in one of my entries.."....there is nothing more important than life - as long as there is life, we can conquer anything, with prayers..."
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. very healthy quarterly review ah.. we should all do that. sometimes it takes some incident to stop us to ponder about our life.. i see that as a bleesing in disguise... maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm...I am happy to say that I have been more happy than unhappy nowadays and have taken time (esp. during traffic jams) to ponder on life and smile at all the little things we do not take notice of - like the morning sun, the fresh crisp morning air, the soft drizzle on our hair, a walk in the park, a growing toddler etc. Of course there are times when I burst out too, but those are hopefully far and few.

    Here's to a healthy 2007!

    ReplyDelete