Friday, April 13, 2007

The Pink Letter

Last week I received a call for a legal firm. I am being seeked for failing to paying a RM200 medical bill dated 11 Apr 2003. That's like 4 years ago. How on earth! IO is right..I am very 'sui' indeed. The gal who called me could not even speak properly, she's probably some legal clerk. She struggled so hard trying to explain to a surprise and puzzled me. In the first place, the address that she read to me is wrong. Of course I paid! Why would I not pay??

Yesterday, I received this pink letter from the firm. First of all, note the wrong spelling of MEREKA. Hmm...can a legal firm issue a letter with spelling error?

According to the letter, if I don't clear the payment within 21 days of this notice..I will have to face the law! Fortunately, I still have the receipt with me.

NIAMAH!

Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Wah lucky you still keep the receipt even after 7 years!! Now we know even lawyers made mistake and you can actually sue them back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't this happen to all of us? NIAMAH!!! bloody hell, i have been very fumed these days as well. guess what? I have been receiving statements for a term loan that i have settled 2 years back - with a clearance letter from the bloody MNC konon bank!! Luckily i have my receipts with me and the clearance letter. and you know what? when i ask how on the earth they never keep a record of the clearance letter they sent me, they said... miss yong, it has been 2 years since we sent you the letter! so i asked them, so why makes you think i would be keeping a 2 yeard old business clearance letter then??!! what a clown!

    ReplyDelete