Tuesday, February 13, 2007

..

I created an 'uproar' at my sister's house last night when I annouced that I am going for tai ci (6 days after the laparoscopy). Well..they think that I should 'rest' and tai ci is too soon and is strenous and may cause some internal complications. As for me...I don't mean to get everyone all worried but I really needed to do something or else I will go crazy.

My happiness index has nose-dived in the past 2 days (altho it was a weekend) because of the injection, the extremely hot weather, the 'dis-connectivity to the net', the boredom, etc. I have not been sleeping well....and there isnt' really much to do around the house in day time when the weather is so scorching hot. Well..the doctor warned that I will feel uncomfortable (ala menopause syndrome) after the injection. And the thought about having to go thru this for 6 months is not a welcoming one.

When the weather cooled down a bit last evening..I tried taking the dog out for a short walk. It was a good slow walk but not enough..I stil felt very restless and somewhat blue. Yoga at the gym will be too strenous so I decided to give tai ci a try since most of the movements are 'stationery'...no strecthing or jumping.

I know very well indeed that their objections are truly based on care and love. I didnt want to explain further cos I didnt want to end up all emotional and teary. So..I jus left the house alone since sis is not planning to go. She offered that I can go NY shopping with them instead...but I declined..Ineeded more than that. Tai ci or any such activity helps greatly to fine tune the mind and the body - it's different from walking around in the park / mall.

I indeed felt so much better after the session...I was relaxed and surprisingly I felt sleepy! I woke up smiling this morning cos I had a good sleep. Woke up and drove to brother's hse to get this NB and breakfast..and I am stil happy now cos I can blog today.

Well..I am not very sick but I do understand a bit now how it is like. Being all alone...with nothing to do..there's nothing to thk about except self pity. A lot of people thk that by providing medical care, room to rest, financial support, etc is great and sufficient. Well..these are tangibles and necessities. I do believe strongly that we should be sensitive to emotional and intangible needs. It's very difficult to put into words...it's just emotional I guess.
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine told me about finding herself lately... i understand what she meant almost immediately... we all are on the same quest, some point in this little life, aren't we? take it easy. :) yeah, maybe you need to get busy, but getting peace with ourself is equally important, i think. this must be the longest comment i've ever written over the past1 yr! :p anyway. chill it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little bit of exercise is OK but just make sure you don't exert yourself. You just have to be careful about your surgery wound.

    Take it easy and have fun chilling at home :)

    ReplyDelete