Monday, February 05, 2007

Surfing from a Tyre Shop

HI..you won't believe this...I ma surfing from a michelin tyre shop. I am on leave today to settle some personal stuff b4 the ops tomorrow. SOmeone recommended me to this Michlin shop in Tmn Megah ..since I am here and I am done with my other more important errands....I decided to drop by and checked this shop out. It is indeed a profesional Michelin outlet...there were proper cubicles for us to drive in (like petrol kiosk)...I was given a form to register myself as a new customer. There were informative safety banners about checking suspension, brakes , etc. Most importantly, I am sitting in an air conditioned room - blogging away!

The mechanic just popped in a while ago telling me that one of my brake is a little out and one of my absorber is also a little out. I asked if it is it is urgent to change..if not i will wait until it has totally worn out. He said .."Well..the red warning sign did not appear" I decided to wait.

BUT..he popped in again just now saying that he detected a leak in the absorber. SIgh..if I don't change no point checking alignment now. Overall..compared to other shops that I have been to..I was not pressured to change anything..they just inform me..and leave it to me. SO far..I feel quite ok with the service. However....can't help being paranoid..about being cheated or conned.

My purpose of coming here is to solve my alignement problem...I changed to brand new michelin tyres afew mths ago..the prev shop claimed that I have to change the camber screws too (RM45 each x 4) if not..the alignment will keep going off and my tyres will be screwed by 9 mths!

so..I am here to get a second opinon :D
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. wah, u've been surfing in all the odd places.. or outlets for high end cust? :p all have internet access??

    ReplyDelete