Friday, February 18, 2011

Healthy at last..

For the first time ever..my cholesterol reading is in the 'healthy' range! *Applause*



Almost everyone I meet do not have good readings so I concluded that it is impossible to have 'healthy' cholesterol readings given our current lifestyle and eating habits.

So..how did I manage to fall into the unusual 'healthy' zone suddenly?

Honestly, I didn't make any conscious efforts to try to rectify it..as I'd sort of accepted that I won't have healthy readings as long as I continue to eat the way I eat.  And I'm not prepared to change my diet drastically.

For those who know me well enough will know that I'm a real foodie...anything that is unhealthy and fatty...are my favs.


But but...please don't get me wrong..I am not saying that..we can achieve good cholesterol reading by eatign all those :D

There are a few good practices that I've been doing consistently without fail for the last few years and I believe the results had finally shown! I'm not sure if next year's reading will be the same...well, we will see when next year comes.

If you are interested, here are the healthier stuff that I've been doing / taking without fail in the recent years that may have contributed:


Supplements in-take : Multi vitamins, fish oil (omega 3), anti-oxidants
I never did believe in contaminating my liver with artificial food supplements but as age caught up and now with rubbish food intake, I'd slowly accepted the fact that the body needs a bit of help. Especially, when I eat out so often, actually, even home cooked food may not be able to provide the relevant nutrients.
So..I've been good. I still have reservations though, hence, don't follow the exact dosage i..e from 3 times a day..i only take like 3-4 times a week...and I rotate the types.  I cannot get myself to swallow 5 pills at one go! Brand wise..I used to take GNC..but a friend recommended Usana which is suppose to have the highest absorption amongst all suplement brands.  No point taking something that the body only absorps 10% - and there are such product in the market..so do some research =)

Exercise
You may have read from previous posts..I'm kind of a gym freak.  So...I'm lucky ..to have a healthy hobby.  Minimum 3 times a week of cardio work out, each time about 1-2 hours.  Don't you think that is sufficient.  I've learnt that..there are no boundaries.   Besides cardio, we also need muscle training, flexibility etc etc.  Anyway..it's too complicated..I'm still learning.


Oats
I think it does work.  I've including a spoonful of oats in my drink every morning for the last 5 years at least.
On top of that I also add, Brown Rice powder (Brand = Nature's Own).



What do you think? Well..I guess all the above contributed in one way or another.  Hopefully next year's reading will be good too.

The most beautiful news is..I can still eat whatever  I like!

Here's to good health!
Best Blog Tips

1 comment: