Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Crap


Does the above look familiar to you?  I get it very very often, to be fair, I'm not sure if it's due to problems with the application or our dear mobile network data provider.  

Regardless, I've not been happy with the speed and quality of data service, Edge or 3G same.  The irony is, 3G which is supposedly more advanced is much much slower most of the time.

We pay RM100 to 375  a month (depending on packages) for calls, messages AND data access from 1GB to unlimited (depending on packages).  

I'm on the RM100 plan which comes with 333 mins calls, 200 sms and 1GB data per month.
Here's the thing, I will never reach 333 mins in calls as I'm never a phone yakker.  200sms is only applicable to Maxis numbers, in case you don't know.  They charge you separately if you happen to sms to other numbers.  Now with WhatsApp, who needs to SMS?? 

IGB Data?  I only hit 1GB in my 6th month.  The speed is so bloody slow that I 'd opt for wifi whenever one is available.  Seriously, the damn thing doesn't load properly most of the time.  At home, when I'm driving, in a mall..practically everywhere.  It's like there are random 'coldspots' all over town.  Note : Coldspots is the opposite of Hotspots - in my dictionary. 

Sometimes I wonder why I'm paying 100 bucks a month when I only utilise 5% of the services.  No wonder Mr A is the 2nd wealthiest man in SEA :/




And yesterday, this happened...

The entire network was totally down for about 2 hours since 5,30pm.  Totally frustrating.

Well, to give them some credit, they managed to recover pretty quickly by Msian standards.

Crap...


Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. That is why I am not convinced to be a convert, still sticking to the traditional plan & best of all, my plan is only RM50 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was enuf warning b4 U took the dive !

    ReplyDelete
  3. WK - u mustn't let the flaws of our svc provider prevent you from progressing :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't mean if I dun convert to an iPhone or android phone, I am not progressing ;)

    ReplyDelete