Monday, July 18, 2011

Lantau Island, HK - Things to do


There were five things that I wanted to do in Lantau Island.

A. Ngong Ping Cable Car
System was under maintenance when I was there, so disappointed that I didn't get to do this :(



B. Visit the Giant Buddha
This is the world's largest Buddha.  Built using bronze.  Quite awesome.

200 steps 


'somebody' teared when she saw the Buddha, may be she has stronger faith and I don't :P 





C. The Wisdom Path
Just a short walk in the same area.  I had no patience to read nor listen to the history behind this when I was there.  So here's my google find : D

An outdoor replica of the centuries old Heart Sutra, one of the world’s best-known prayers that is revered by Confucians, Buddhists and Taoists alike. The sutra is displayed on wooden pillars placed in the form of a figure "∞" to symbolise the idea of immeasurable splendour and infinity.

Oh..I see :P


Such a peaceful spot.  We spent quite a long time here..although we didn't really understand what was written on each pole.


For example, this one.  I can only imagine a warrior floating in the air while writing this with his sword.  Hahaha. 


Seriously, I think we did spent about an hour here..taking photographs, like the above, testing my creativity sense.  Not forgetting we also got sun burnt :s  

Oh ya, we also talked about Buddhism..to some extend.  Yes..me..I can be very Zen yor.  In fact, SH thanked me for the 'meaningful' chat :P


D. Tai-o Fishing Village
I wandered to this fishing village alone. SH had to leave early for an appointment.


I like this place very much.  So much tranquility especially when compared to the stressful city in town.



If you happen to be in Tai-O, you must not leave until you locate this man!

And no..he is not some thug ...


He makes awesome awesome egg biscuits the traditional way, I think it's called "kai tan zhai" in Cantonese.



Check out his tools and equipment. Cannot find anywhere else in the world man!



I'm drooling...

D.Citygate Outlets
Lastly, if you have time, or rather, make time to shop at the Citygate outlets.
Fortunately, I didn't spend much..phew. And the Nike store was under-renovation when I was there . Grrr..




What's this doing here?
Oh..my new kitty.  Meet Mogwai, featuring in coming post =)







Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment