Thursday, July 28, 2011

How often do you run / walk ?




via Penang Bridge International Marathon Facebook page :
"We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon." --- Emil Zatopek 


How very very true..

In this era, our lives moves in such a quick pace.  Everyday, week, months zooms past us like flashes.

We walk fast. eat fast.  work fast. Erm...we don't walk or use our legs much actually.  We drive. We take the escalator / elevator.  Even if I work out in the gym often, I don't really 'travel' on my legs..the indoor cardio workouts that I do I mainly 'on the spot' kind of thing.

So..when was the last time you actually took the time to Walk / Run using your own legs for ...let's say an hour?

I think most of you would say ...the last holiday trip.  True. Holidays are the only time when we get away from our car and daily schedule,  don't need to sit 10 hours in the office, don't need to be stuck in traffic for hours.  So..we ended walking and walking..and we don't complain.

We don't go for holidays so often right?  Once at most 2 or 3 times a year.

I just realised, after reading the quote from the PBIM page - the only other times when I unite with my limps are when I am at marathons or runs.  Doesn't matter if it's 5, 10 or 20 km...but it was good...to be away...alone with my body and mind...no machines.  Just me, myself and of course fellow runners. And the road.

They were pleasant experience, really.












Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Yes agree. Go holiday and lost weight coz really walk a lot

    ReplyDelete