Monday, August 08, 2011

A True Friend


Many people will walk in and out of your life, 
but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart




I like this quote alot.  Posted in FB recently..and got a few cranky comments ..as usual.  I believe it touched some hearts..or got many wondering if they had ever managed to leave any footprints in anyone's heart?


True friend or not, foot print or no foot print...it's really very subjective.  We cannot consciously control how we can be a true friend to someone.  It all comes from the heart.  Even if I'd think I've offered all I can as a friend and I deserve to be a true friend with footprints in the hearts of my friends...they may not think so.  And I can't control what they think of me.


I would say..don't bother..to be too conscious about it.  It comes from within...when we are sincere and truthful it will show and the foot prints will reach the respective hearts.  


I was caught off guard when Fafa Asked me why I didn't think of visiting her when I was in the same area yesterday (playing with Bobo).  Opps!  I had to be truthful that I totally didn't think about it ...he he. Simply because the highlight of the day was Bobo the dog and she's never an animal person..bla bla bla.  Excuses :D




That wasn't the first time, I was also caught when CLK 'confronted' me on why I didn't invite her to a lunch gathering recently.  Again..truthfully she wasn't in the mind :D  My excuse was..she doesn't 'appear' in the 'network' often enough...so she wasn't top of mind. Lol..what a lame excuse.  She concluded that she had fail to leave a footprint in my heart..therefor non existent


omg.


I must be such a horrible friend!


Anyway..as mentioned..it's a very subjective matter.  Non measurable.  Non quantifiable.  I will just remain as who I am.  And act from my heart.  If..it always so damn difficult to be nice and thoughtful ....it means ..naturally I'm a lousy  friend.  full stop. 




Another quote that I like goes something like this ~ Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.. the acid test that indicates if you are a Friend starts here =) 



Do you ever stop to ask "How are you?"


If you do..


Do you wait and pay attention to the answer ?




oh..by the way, today is my childhood best friend's birthday..and I remembered to send her a SMS early in the morning. Yay.


  
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree, we just be ourselves and just be sincere in all our thoughts, actions and deeds towards our frens. Nothing else matters coz I believe a true friend will recognize another true friend :)

    ReplyDelete