Friday, August 19, 2011

More Crap


I ranted about how frustrating it is to be using Maxis for data access (here) ..ok..to be fair..I'm not sure if it's the same for other providers.  I heard it is much better with Digi - not sure though.  

Received a call last week from a third party conducting a survey on usage experience with both voice and data coverage.  I gave them my feedback..no good both at home and in office..regardless of voice or data.  

Every now and then I see this screen.  In a building, in the house, on the road..  And it is damn frustrating.





I was having lunch at the LG of a mall in PJ just now.  It's PJ..part of Klang Valley the main market centre of   the country.  And yet..I still get this.  Well, one can argue that it can happen in close up area..for instance in a cave, basement, LG ...fine.

But the the phone detected this...Maxis WIFI hotspot.

Yay..is this a way of compensating the weak mobile data coverage?

NOT.



It's chargeable!



I know..it's a common thing.  I see this all over HK..wifi hotspots are chargeable at public area.  Very few free hotspots.

But hello...you can only do this when the core infrastructure is functioning properly.   Don't you see it?

We are already paying for mobile data...but it doesn't function properly... .half the time is spent on waiting  for page loading..or switching between 3G and Edge hoping to get faster speed.  The rest of the time we rely on wifi when ever it is available.  In other words..we are paying for a service that we can't use!

Now..they wanna charge for hotspots access..
What about giving existing paying customers free access, say for 30 mins to an hour per location per day?

We get free wifi as customers in a eatery or cafe..why can't we get the same as Maxis customers, a very  unhappy lot if you don't already sense...




Best Blog Tips

1 comment: