Friday, August 12, 2011

When I'm down..



I woke up feeling very down for some reasons...could be hormones, could be lack of exercise endorphin,  could be lack of quality sleep but it didn't really matter.  Yes..I was in a lousy lousy mood, I needed a hug, I felt like crying but I know I shouldn't dwell deeper into it especially when there wasn't any real reason to justify feeling sorry for myself.  


So ..I tried to fight it.  "I'm ok. I'm good" was my answer to the regular "how are yous".  Well I did tell Jenny   that I was feeling down ...but when I don't know the cause..there's really no point talking about it.


Then I stumbled upon an article  in a site called Tiny Buddha - it's an article by a person named Allison Miller who was a passionate athlete in acrobatic, yoga instructor and massage therapist soaring great heights but fell (literally) back to the ground in a freak accident leaving her shattered inside out.

It's quite a lengthy article, I have not finished reading it..but the gist of it is about how she fought to come back to her feet by accepting the outcome and taking it as a 'doorway' to a new journey.  In four months she was up on her feet again.

If you are up against the wall, if you have lost a loved one, your health, a job, a sense of direction or a feeling of hope, if you so choose, you too can transform your most difficult situation into opportunity....she wrote.

I had no reason to be down anymore.  Do you?

While I was slowly getting myself back into 'light'...a friend who had been going through tough times messaged me in MSN.  I can't possibly whine to her..when I know I should be the one giving the support.  In the end, (I think)  I made her day...by encouraging to indulge a Burger Ramly Special..which I promised to buy and deliver later tonight.

Guess..what? It made my day too ...


“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” ~Buddha








Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm.....shld have told m ....wld have taken u out for a spin to cheer u up!

    ReplyDelete