Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gym plan gone haywire



It was a Tuesday evening, used to be a 'super' day for me at the gym by doing RPM and BC back to back.  Had not been that super after picking up a back problem, been trying to get back to that state though.

Everything seems to be as planned, was 45 mins earlier..so I had more than enough time to warm up and do some weights bla bla...  but then..as with life...there are always surprises around the corner..haha...I was about to change and realised that I didn't have a sports bra. Damn...

Can I workout without a sports bra? I stood there for a few mins asking myself the question many times.  I took off my working top and tried putting on my workout top on top of the regular non sports bra.  It just didn't feel right. And it doesn't look right too : /

I decided to drive home...to get a sports bra .. lol!

Class starts at 8.15, I managed to get back and changed around 8,30.  So I was 15 mins late.  They were already at the 2nd track.  Not too bad..I thought, I'll just catch up.  By the time I got on to the bike, they started track 3, one of the tougher working track out of the 9.  I took the earlier part to warm up and tried to match the pace when I thought I was ready.  Was abit breathless, legs were stiff and crampy, I slowed down occasionally then picked up , then slowed down.  By the end of track 7, the nausea feeling kicked in.  Track 8 and 9 is just cooling down and stretching but I just couldn't stay on, if I had I would have toppled off the bike.  I had to sit down for a while at the staircase even though the changing room was just seconds away.

Not really sure what triggered it.  May be I didn't warm up enough.  Or all the rushing to and fro to get the sports bra :D

Or may be it's that time of the month..PMS.

Oh well..just ain't my day.  I was contemplating to try doing BC, but legs were still weak..so better not la.

Woke up feeling sore inside out...physically and mentally :(

Well... that's life.. sometimes things just go wrong when you least expect it.

By the way, can you work out without a sports bra?



Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha gosh you are so vain!!! Can't believe you drove bk all the way & then drove to the gym again just coz of sports bra? Eh I hv been working out all these years wearing normal bra wo, I feel so so OK

    ReplyDelete
  2. get one and you will feel the diff :) esp when ur workout involves lotsa of cardio and sweat. Also a form of 'support' la..er..keep it in shape ;-)

    ReplyDelete