Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Body Attack is Not Body Combat.



My gym membership is expiring some time in September. There's been some random suggestions..that I should try out other gyms.  I've been with this gym for more than 7 years!  It's probably time to move on..if I can find a good deal out there.



The current gym offered to convert my regular membership to a lifetime package by pro-rating the amount of credit balance left from my current membership i.e. I only have to pay about 6K+ instead of 8K+ ..something like that.  Stretch it to a 36 months instalment I only pay about $167 a month and ta daaa I'm a lifetime member. I'm only subject to $99 yearly renewal fee and any price increase will not affect me.


Sounds like a good deal? But I didn't take it..cos I don't think it's a good idea to be 'married' to one gym for a whole lifetime.  After all no one knows what's gonna happen to this gym and other gyms around town in..let's say 5 years time.


So...today I walked into a friendly competitor.

Here's what happened..

First, I was asked to have a sit

Then..there were smiles...I had to wait quite a few mins..then I heard some whispers..I think I heard someone say.."Chinese Speaking"


A Chinese guy came buy....shook hands..sat down..and started asking the 'general questions'


Have you been to any gym before this?

Yes, I'm currently with XX  membership's expiring soon in September I'm looking around to see if I can get better deal elsewhere


Expiring in September, why so soon looking around..




Well, Just for fun..I need time to decide..




Oh ok..so do you have any fitness goals?

Not really.I just go for classes.

What classes do you go to?

RPM, Body Combat, Body Attack..I think you don't have Body Attack right?


Err arrr..RPM we have..Body Attack and Combat is the same..


No it's not. ..

(He turned to ask someone who seem like senior..)

The "senior"came by...and said:


No..we don't have Body Attack..but they are similar..lebih kurang sama.  What do you do in Body Combat?

I said ..Ha??

"Senior" turned to look at Chinese guy and said..tell her it's the same..sama.

(He thought I couldn't understand his English/Bahasa)

Totally not Impressed.




To all sales consultants at the gyms..please learnt up your in-house products and services, will ya?

And..although Kepong is majority Chinese speaking...that doesn't mean we cannot understand simple English and Bahasa...and even if it's so..there's no excuse for not knowing about your own products & services dude.

Sigh..I had such high hopes in this gym..lemme try again at another branch..in an 'English' speaking area

:D









Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment