Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Change and Learn to love the burn ..


This is so apt.  If you're an exercise freak, you'll LOL when watching this :D




So..I was saying working out, going to the gym, feeling all sore has become an important part of my life.  Ankle problem. Back problem. Muscle problems...but I still go back.  Yes..I'm an idiot.

Doesn't matter if I'm doing it as a form of escapade from reality or a form of addiction or for a healthier me.  Bottom line is, it's a good hobby to have.  In fact..it has become a lifestyle.

When I was calculating my monthly financial commitment, the gym fee was the first item to go in to the list.  Like I said..it's something I can't don't want to do without.







While I simply love the feel of somewhat toned and tight muscles (especially during morning showers after a good session the night before), it's no longer about losing weight. 


If you've seen me, you 'll agree that I'm no where near skinny or super toned.  I do have a tummy and I don't have skinny legs.  Well. let's just say, I'd be much bigger than what I am now if I don't work out as regularly but it's not the main reason for me to keep going back.


It's just part of my life now.  It makes me happy.  It makes me healthy.  Muscle soreness from a tough routine translates into a stronger overall build hence better overall health.  Hopefully, all this will come in useful when I reach an older age in the 70s onwards (may be 60s) !


Seriously, with our current daily lifestyle of spending 99% of our waking hours : sitting down - in the car - in the office - in meetings - eating - watching TV - surfing the net - try imagine how 'strong' our muscles / bones will be when we reach 60?!







So..my friends..think about changing your lifestyle eh?  
It won't take up a whole lot of your precious time, a one hour workout is only 4% of your day. 
And it can be as simple as a walk in the park, some sit ups, etc.  Just make those muscles work..


In time..you will start to love 'pain' :)

















Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment