Saturday, June 09, 2012

My Aunt and Facebook


Some relatives old and young came over to visit my dad and we had dinner together.  While the older group "(my dad inclusive) have their "shouting match",  we the younger group will have random conversations  to catch up on things and people.

My cousin's wife turned over to ask me.."How big is Aiden now (my sis' baby)"

My youngest aunt, probably in her late 60s or early 70s, chipped in ..."You didn't check Facebook meh?"

Hahahah...


FYI, she doesn't read or speak much English, I doubt she understands much about how the internet works...but she's being updated by current affairs when her daughter shows her flashes of our Facebook updates via the Iphone or Ipad, mainly our photos I suppose.


Facebook is wonderful, don't you think?

Come to think of it, it's not just Facebook, it's the whole works of Facebook, Iphone, Ipad  or any smart or tablet phones..that makes it so easy for us to link and share stuff with our network...

A friend who is working in China told me that she seldom logs on to Facebook cos too busy at work and by the time she gets home she won't even want to touch the computer.  She can only access Facebook using her notebook via VPN in China.

So..ya..the same goes to my cousin and aunt..

Firstly I doubt she will even bother to switch on the desktop when she's home..and even if she does, I doubt she will take the trouble to call out to her mom to come over to the screen to look at some photos...


So..its the wonder of Facebook and the luxury and convenience of these smart gadgets ..


Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment