Thursday, June 28, 2012

What's the moral of the story?



I made it to the GNC Warehouse Sale after all.

Here's the story...

The venue at Berjaya Times Square was so out of the way, but it's really worth the journey given the amount of savings one can get from the discounts.  My target was the Accelerade sports drink.

The Original Price at retail is set at RM193.90 per bottle. 
GNC Members' Price is RM155.12 (RM38.78 Savings per bottle) applicable all year round.

Each bottle has about 60 servings, hence, at the regular retail members' price, it costs me about RM2.59 per serving.  At one serving per gym session..it will take me approximately 3-4 months to finish a bottle.


At the Warehouse Sale each bottle is priced at RM126.04 : that's RM67.86 savings per bottle (off original price). 


Since the expiry date is at April 2014, I decided to take only one bottle, after all, there may be another sale in the future, no need to be so kiasu I thought.




Total purchase cost was at RM235.97 including a bottle of double strength Fish Body Oil. When I was about to swipe the card, I remembered that there's a on-going promotion via StanChart credit card (i.e 2 winners every 30 mins daily to get up to RM200 off with min RM100 per transaction) and I have not sms to register, LOL.  

I looked behind me to check if there's anyone in the queue, since there's none, I asked if they can wait for me to register my card for the promo first, LOL.  They were very kind to oblige.  I was fumbling for a while..reading the sms from StanChart and keying in the details to SMS. While doing that I kept looking around to see if there's anyone waiting behind me..than out of nowhere, this man appeared next to me, smiling rather sarcastically.  So, I asked if he is queueing..

His reply went something like this:
Never mind..go ahead and hog, I'll just get them to give me more discounts for letting you do that.


I was quite taken aback as I really didn't see anyone waiting in the queue, I apologised and asked the cashier to go ahead with the transaction but the sweet sales consultant and cashier said that they can put my transaction on hold while I register my card and they can proceed with his transaction.  I agreed and step aside while this man went on with his sarcastic remarks:
It's alright..go ahead and hog all you want, they will have to give me extra ,..bla bla bla..


I ignored him.  No point arguing over petty stuff.  I continued with my registration and rejoined the queue, which became much longer by then.  I was okay with that since I was under no time pressure.

While queueing I looked around and noticed a huge sign at the sports nutrition section that says BUY 1 FREE 1.  I stopped a sales staff and asked her if Accelerade qualifies for that promo.  She checked and confirmed that it does but basedon Original Price RM193.90.  Which means..

I only pay RM96.95 per bottle and that works out to a RM96.95 savings per bottle!


Both expires on April 2014, there are about 21 months more to April 2014, I should have more than enough time to finish the current one quarter left plus the two new bottles.


So I would like to Thank that man for his sarcasm...if not for him I would have missed the better deal !

What's the moral of the story here?






Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. Well done!! You don't have to bring yourself down to his level of stupidity and ungentleman manner

    ReplyDelete
  2. The StandChart promo is ONLY effective on the 2nd working day after yr registration is accepted. Read the small print under T&C always

    ReplyDelete
  3. So effective yr registration will be only activated on next Monday

    ReplyDelete