Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I think I'm a Bimbo

I mentioned that my decision to finally upgrade to a smart phone is about moving on and progressing with the society and world.  It's been a month..I don't feel any smarter.  In fact ... it makes me feel less smart at times.

FY was recommending some apps that I should have with me..to be honest..sometimes I really felt like he was talking French.

Calcbot was one of the app mentioned.  I was like..??




FY says: calcbot is calculator
FY says:  and it has history.. so you can check your historical calculations
wsl says: interesting but..how often do u use le


Actually..I didn't quite understand what he meant..by historical calculations..and why do we ever need that?


FY says: often enuf we alwyas use handphone to do calculation right?

wsl says: add n minus only or divide
FY says: but when you want to use parenthesis. you know.. we always (100-8.99)*20% apa macam?

wsl says: why do we need that ..on day to day calc??
FY says: maybe you don't ..  hmm.. 
FY says: looks like u really dun need an iPhone


At this point i felt like half a bimbo -.- talking to Mark Zuckerberg ( I just watched The Social Network)






wsl says: when do use do such calculation?

FY says: i use a lot .. esp those multiply and then add 2 boxes of orange plus one can of juice

FY says: (2x10.99)+3


That's it. I AM A BIMBO.



wsl says:  wat kind of calculatins are those>??? i dun see the link to oranges..i feel like a fool now

FY says: u asked when i use calculation that uses parenthesis so i said example.. if i wanna calculate 2 carton of oranges at 10.99 each plus one can of juice at 3
wsl says: 11*3=33,  33+3=36


FY says: ok.. now i wanna add 2 boxes of apples at 6.5 each how? so have to mentally remember 36 first then 6.5*2=13 recall back 36+13=49!
FY says: whereas with calcbot i can just (11*3)+3+(6.5*2) and then baru press = to get answer LOL!






>.< Help...





Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone, SL. I've been a smart phone user for over a year and I don't think I can comprehend calcbot. Guess we are smart in our own ways :D

    ReplyDelete