Monday, December 27, 2010

Impressed with Streamy

"Followers" of this page will know that I've been having 'long term' problems with my connection at home..I used to have to have to make 2 calls a month to the call centre since May, June, July..I don't know.

If you are familiar with call centres of any sort..you would be able to imagine the 'pain' of answering the same same questions on each call.  I learnt to be very patient ..as they  have SOPs to adhere to. On not so good days I'd make a fuss by  insisting that I had gone through the standard trouble shooting steps million times..and I refused to go through all over again....sometimes with more experience agents..I get to skip some steps.

Anyway.. in all fairness, I'd like to give credit to Streamy this time.....I see improvement!
They must have put in effort stay on their toes....trying to stay ahead of the competitions and with the launch of Unifi..there's an image to upkeep?

Connection had been stable since my last complaint in early November until Christmas Day.  That night, I spent almost 30 mins on the line with a very patient and diligent agent who was trying very hard to diagnose and most importantly solve the problem for me.  Alas...he apologised profusely for not being able to help.  The problem was indeed peculiar.."connection detected at their end but I couldn't browse at my end".  In this current world, being disconnected from the world wide web is like not having half of a brain.

A report was created in order for the technical team to be despatched to site, it was Christmas night and the next day was a Sunday.  The standard turn around time allocated was 72 hours.  I didn't expect any solutions till Monday.  To my surprise..there was a missed call from an unknown number on Sunday morning itself.  When I got home around 4pm..there was a slip to inform that the team was at site earlier and found no fault at their end and efforts to contact me was unsuccessful.  I decided to try my luck logging on again.


Guess what?
It worked!  I'm not sure how and what happened...but was glad everything was back to normal. Received another call from one of the technician this morning  to check on status.  I'm impressed with the initiatives and responsiveness.  Well DONE!!  Please keep it up.


FYI, tried to re-installed Chrome again but failed. Not sure why. Had been getting warning from AVG stating that there was a Trojan threat before it crashed entirely.  Using Opera now...no fuss..it's good to start anew sometimes :)  After all a brand new year is approaching.










Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment