Monday, December 13, 2010

It's getting tougher

It's been more than than two years since I gathered enough courage to walk into a GX studio at the gym.  My first class was none other than bodycombat which should be the most popular Les Mills GX programme to date.  It's still my favourite : )

Thank you to GX, my fitness and endurance level had improved by leaps and bound (relatively) over the years.  Imagine being able to complete a half marathon without much training (running in particular) plus I wasn't even a running enthusiast to begin with.

Many have asked me how I motivate myself to work out regularly..well I don't have to.  GX makes it  addictive fun to work out, when it is enjoyable, it isn't a chore anymore!  Hence, no discipline nor motivation needed.  It has become like some sort of entertainment, stress reliever, endorphine fix etc etc.  Well, I admit..it does keep me fit and healthy, very very important since I'm quite of a foodie.  I can really eat!

The best reward from working out regularly is  --- you can eat regularly too :D


Anyway ...one would think that when we work out regularly long enough, the routine will become as easy as a a stroll in the park.


NOT.

Not with Les Mills programmes at least.


Rode RPM46 (the Q4' 10 release) for the first time few days ago.
Killing! Breathless by 3rd track!

Adam Lambert on track 2 itself took my breath away.
Not much left to enjoy the fun Russian Roulette remix in Track 3.
Track 4 is  was supposed to be recovery...but it didn't seem like so!
Track 5 was fun..if only I had more endurance to enjoy it.
Track 6...nice nice..journey ..managed to catch some breath there. (I shall blame the pro-longed mild cold that is somehow only evident when I work out rigorously)
Track 7 @___@

I can't recall the last time I enjoyed a full RPM session...



Same goes to Bodycombat 46.
Tough, breath taking but contagious. Didn't like most of it after the first class..but as with most releases..one will surely grow to like the tracks and the moves slowly.

Totally couldn't relate / connect to the warm up tracks ,  even after several classes.
Track 2 - not so fond..but seriously. I found myself out-of-breath as early as this stage!
Track 3..upbeat and fun but..I have to shamefully admit that I was panting..even after the doing it for the 4th time today. *Blaming the cold again*

Track 4 ..not so fond..but..t i r i n g.
Track 5 is c o t a g i o u s.  If you a regular, you will know what I mean :)

Track 6 ahem...I read in a blog about how tough this is gonna be..I'm proud to say that..I didn't have much problem with the lunges and esquiva :P  Meaning..my core and legs are strong enough? Then why do I feel like my stamina are not as good before?

Track 7 ..Braveheart! Somewhat ..cool :P
Track 8 ... was it 8 mins long? Always amazed by the sense of euphoria when we reach the end \o\



Won't say much about Bodybalance since I'd only started doing it recently but I must say..it ain't easy too~













Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment