Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Live like the fish?

"Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman (from http://twitter.com/#!/quotegarden)

So..what makes you come alive?   My dear fren ML says..her kids and her money makes her come alive *roll eyes* Luckily got her kids in between her rolls of money...if not she will sound so money minded.

Me?  The only time I feel alive is when I'm actively "playing" :D  When I meet up my friends.  When I play with my niece and nephews.  When I am at the gym.  When I play play play play..

Ya..I know..we are of two different worlds.  No idea why we are still friends.  She spends every bit of her free time thinking about how to maximising her income flow while I spend every bit of my free time spending money.

But ..what the heck...I'm happy. For now.

That brings me to this other article that I came across recently that says..something like this:

Consider the fish. A fish swims in a chaotic sea that it cannot possibly control — much as we all do. The fish, unlike us, is under no illusion that it controls the sea, or other fish in the sea. The fish doesn’t even try to control where it ends up — it just swims, either going with the flow or dealing with the flow as it comes. It eats, and hides, and mates, but does not try to control a thing.
We are no better than that fish, yet our thinking creates the need for an illusion.
Let go of that thinking. Learn to be the fish. (from http://zenhabits.net)

Can we be like the fish? Is it practical to live like the fish?

Somehow or rather...I think..I've been living like the fish...in the recent years st least. Often..I stopped myself from thinking about the future...what if this? what if that? how about this? how about that?

Why not just go with the flow.  Everyday is a new day.  Every step is a baby step.  As long as we keep moving..the path will lead us somewhere.

More importantly..we keep living...

Am I making any sense?



Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment