Sunday, June 19, 2011

One foot on the ground

A friend who is 6 months pregnant taught me this : the general rule of thumb whenever she exercised is to keep one foot on the ground. Thats how she makes sure (somewhat) her baby 'stays safe' while she stays active..

So she supported my urge to go back to the gym before my achy back is 100% healed. "jus rem to keep one foot on the ground" she said :D

I've been to 3 classes since :)

The 1st class was none other than my 1st love - bodycombat. They were doing the latest release #48. I hv to admit it was quite painful both physically and mentally. Being a hardcore, it was very frustrating not being able to do some of the most basic moves ... every move had to be reduced to at least 50% speed or strength.

As with all new releases , it gets tougher.. hyper from the beginning, I think 50% are kicks and legs.. Oh boy ..


The doctor's warning "no pounding" kept ringing in my mind, hence, I couldn't pounce, no shuffling, no jumping.. basically One Foot to the Ground that is! I felt some pain anyway ... So better stay grounded and soft.

The good news is, not only that I didn't feel worse the next day, I felt better! Haha.

That gave me the confidence to go for the tougher RPM on saturday. Again, it was tougher than usual so I had to take it easy. All went well I felt better the next day :)

Was at another combat class today. Still not 100% but i felt Stronger and enjoyed the class more.

I'm happy :)

Now... Shall run the SCKLM next Sunday?
Best Blog Tips

1 comment: