Thursday, June 23, 2011

Single Friends

Recently a friend made a spontaneous remark that got me thinking for a while. "I noticed that you like to hang out with Females.  Single Females particularly" she MSN-ed.

My flow of thoughts went in the line of something like this :

1. Do I? Why is that so?
2. Well, Married Females wouldn't have time to hang out with me right?
3. And...most Married Females that I know wouldn't do things that I do right?
4. Oh..I think she meant "How come I don't hang out with Single Men instead"
5. "Single men gives me a higher chance of finding a partner or husband instead of Single Females"
6. Ya,.I think that was what she was trying to get at!

Come to think of it...yeah..it's quite true.  Most people that I spend time with are Singles and Female.  Even my father noticed!  Lol.

And in Facebook, the only other social platform that I'm on, I noticed an obvious trend.

I have about 194 friends in Facebook.  Out of these only about a third have some form of interactions with me - defined as those that I know they pay attention to me uploads (at the very least).
Note : Family members / Relatives were excluded from this analysis.

And, you know what, out of these who are supposedly 'interested' enough to pay attention to me - only 2 are Single Men but 12 are Married Men!  The rest are Females.

Well, only 2 in 5 of my Facebook friends are Men to begin with and majority are Married

:D
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Luckily there is still quite a large group of the single female friends to hang out with. Nway, it's quite fun to hang out with female friends rite?

    ReplyDelete