Sunday, October 23, 2011

Facebook is Not a Social Problem


Is Facebook a social problem? I "discussed" this topic - here - back in February this year.  Been eight months now, are you using Facebook less or more? Have you got bored with it?  

Just today, a friend (while tapping on her HTC) stated that she now has less to do and see on her Facebook page, hence, she only logs on a few times a week.

I still log on several times a day.  Maybe it's true that I really don't have a life??

Nah.. I still think Facebook is such a powerful social tool, IF used properly.

In fact, one who doesn't use FB may even risk being left out unintentionally.  "Out of sight out of mind" - that's what I've told some friends who asked why they were not informed or included in certain outings :D

Yesterday, for example, a friend who is into her 2nd month maternity leave decided to 'fb' about her being alone with the baby while the hubby travels. Sounds like a typical fb thing..? We see such updates every other day isn't it?

Well, it probably turned out to be the best thing she did for the day cos your's truly here (the fb junkie) saw the update and immediately whatsapp-ed to check if she's keen to join us for tea. Just a couple more messages, change of meet up point, by 4pm she was with us enjoying a well deserved me-time break.  Wonderful friends we are... but oops..we didn't remember that her birthday is just around the corner i.e Today!  Honestly, if not for the Fb wishes I saw this morning, I won't even know.   LOLOLOL.

As I'm typing away now..my fb ticker is very busy with all her tq replies to dozens of wall wishes ~
 
Separately,
On the eve of the raya break, I was meddling on an ex school mate's status post, it's my fb way of saying  "yo, how are you?"  After some trash talking, she asked when I can meet ..bla bla.. When I woke up the next morning, I 'remembered' that there is actually a small meet up with a small grouo that afternoon itself, so I extended a last minute invite to her..and she came!  And we had such a wonderful get together.  All because of Facebook. *heart*


How can Facebook be a social stigma??





Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment