Friday, October 28, 2011

This is Photography!


A few friends has asked me how serious I am in Photography..since I'm always the one most particular with angles and shots and whatever not.

Some had even asked me to take up serious photography.

In actual fact, I know nuts about the art of photography.  I do not own a DSLR (yet).  I only shoot with a Lumix LX3 and of course the Iphone4.  While I have 'expectations' when I shoot I'm just too lazy to learn and read up about the deeper technicalities about the art.  Lack of passion?  I only rely on my pair of eyes and heart.  My heart always skips a beat when I see a good photo.

Just like this one, a friend just shared in FB.  (Not sure who is the original photographer though).




In my humble view, photography is not only about shooting with a expensive and high powered camera and lenses. Just like every other thing in life, it's about chasing a goal, pursuing a goal and pursuing to achieve  what you believe in.  A good photographer 'chases' after a good picture regardless of how much hardship is required to get that picture e.g lying down, squeezing through a hole, climbing up a wall, etc.

A famous photographer from NatGeo said a photographer has to have very thick skin..be brave enough to do whatever it takes to take that picture.  He went on to tell stories of countless times he was scolded for taking photos in the streets, etc.

Here are a few shots from http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/ on Bangkok's current flooding situations.

THIS is photography!

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/10/bangkok-underwater/100178/
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/10/bangkok-underwater/100178/
Click onto the links to see more amazing pics.

Go here - http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/about.html - to find out more about this author/ photographer who beautifully combined his love in photography, storytelling and photojournalism!

I'm inspired!

Check out my 'portfolio' HERE =P







Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment