Monday, October 10, 2011

Mixed Traditions



Once upon a time.. a Chinese gal fell in love with a Finnish dude.
They eventually got married and guess what?

They just had a baby!

I was at the baby's full moon celebration recently.

It's Chinese tradition to prepare "red eggs" served with ginger during a baby's full moon.





These "angku kuih" is also another traditional delicacy used during Chinese prayers and occasions.



The pink ones in the background are 'fatt koh', yes another must have for Chinese during auspicious occassions.


And so...of course the main dish was Nasi Lemak..the ever famous Malaysian dish...which I didn't even bother to take a picture of :P


Because... I was more attracted to these other non Malaysian nor Chinese delicacies...!

Huge a chunk of cheese with cucumber and sausages.



Home made cake by dear Granny who came all the way from Finland.



There are a few others that I didn't manage to take though..silly me.

But here's a shot of my plate with almost all the delicacies...



Red egg with Ginger.
Angku kuih
Fruit salad - I think
Mashed potato
Fnnish pastries - hand made by granny!





Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment