Monday, October 03, 2011

Me, Adidas and NPE at KOTR 2011

Tried hard to sleep early the night before but I think I only dosed off around closed to midnight.
Alarm came on at 3.30am..I groaned : "grrr..why do I do this to myself?"
I rolled about, tended to my digital nations, city and empire, did some stretches and rolled out of bed around 4am.

Freshen up, put on the necessary gear, took a light breakie and left to pick up GLL.
Flag off was at 645am, it's safer to allocate more time for the 'unexpecteds' like road closure congestion, parking problems, getting lost, etc.



I braved Friday jam to grab this color :D

We got there smoothly without any problems.  Everyone was so early! The organisers emphasized to be there before 5am as some roads will be closed after the cut-off time.  


Overall, the event was very well organised.
Enough water for runners before, during and after the run.
Logistics were well planned and executed.

No major complaints so far.

Well..apparently many motorists were caught in massive jams along Federal Highway, LDP, Bangsar, etc.
Sorry :P 


Colors of Life on the NPE

Anyways..I believe the organisers kept to the schedule of re-opening the roads after 1030am.

Meaning..the slower runners will have to be 'swept' off the highway before they re-open the roads.  The bus that does this is called the Sweeper Bus! 

I was so worried that I will have to be swept off for being too slow :P





Above is to prove that I completed the race.  800m to go...boy..was I relieved!  



Reward for completing the full distance :)

How did I do?

Ok I guess..no major pains surprisingly.  Very surprisingly.  So..I'm satisfied :)





I was snail slow though...probably under the slowest group :D  The better ones like GLL clocked under 1.5 hours, I think.

Nah..I'm cool.  After all it's my first long distance after laying low for 4 months.

Oh...what was it like running on NPE?

GLL concluded that she doesn't like highways..too boring she says.




No wonder it was boring... it's One Straight Line :D

As for me, I'm just glad I did it.  No regrets.



Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will not be participating in anymore runs this year. Better give your body a good rest and a good recovery

    ReplyDelete