Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another close call

Thank God.

A while ago, I escaped a quite major accident within seconds.  Was driving home after gym on the road in front of TF Hartamas..on this road..most cars speed...me inclusive to a certain extend.  It was drizzling quite heavily tonight...so naturally and thankfully everyone slowed down and were more careful than usual.

Thankfully I was paying attention on the road and not dreaming nor sleeping, I was quite tired after the 2 hour workout..and still recovering from the trip.  Also thankful that I wasn't distracted by doing something else like adjusting the stereo volume etc etc...(a bad habit that I have). 

Anyway..we were on the road leading toward Penchala Link in front of TF.  All of a sudden the car in front of me came to a halt..and it's brake lights were not bright at all..thanks to my car's ABS system again. When the car in front of me moved away..I saw a black car crashed against the divider wall on the left...and ....there was another stationery taxi further up the road with a badly damaged front almost facing us after about 180 clockwise turn.  Not sure how it happened.  The taxi must have skidded, lost control and the other car tried to avoid crashing into the taxi.

Phew.

I had a similar experience around the same time last year ..but this time the accident was more serious.  Hope the drivers involved were alright.  I saw the taxi driver holding an umbrella about to alight from the car...so he should be alright.  Not sure about the other driver.


Hmmm.
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Thank God you were paying attention on the road and is safe :)

    ReplyDelete