Monday, February 01, 2010

Memories

I spent the whole (almost..) weekend spring cleaning!  And yet..there are still so much more undone still.  I'm not gonna touch on what's not done. It's depressing.

I threw away lot's lot's of old stuff this time around.  It used to be tough thowing away stuff..that's why we ended up having so so much in the house.  We used to be so irritated when our mom went "do you need this?"  for the entire day whenever she went on her spring cleaning rituals.

I think I've finally got her touch!  Anything unused for last 12 months ~ THROW~


But.

'Somethings' I couldn't bring myself to throw...


These little cups brought back sweet memories :-) I could almost taste the jelly in my mouth when I saw these.
Aww..and I've no idea how to make them now.  Even if I do..it won't taste the same.

I miss her so.



These may look like normal sauces plate.  Somehow..I didn't have the heart to throw them away.  May be because they brought back sweet childhood memories.  We used to dip our food into these...tasty mom's cooking :-)


Ha..check this out.  I bet..no one will ever find a Del Monte sauce plate these days.  Definitely an antique piece!


Again, looks pretty much like a normal plastic container...I actually don't remember ever using it.  Still..I didn't have the heart to discard...hey..it's from Mamee!  Don't think we will ever get any gift of such from Mamee these days.





Lastly...ermm..honestly..I didn't have a slightest idea what these are for.  My guess was my parents used to use this for baking?


Just checked with dad...they used these when they made kaya (coconut egg jam) :D  Wow...ya..home made kaya...it's the best!  Hmm..but we used to wish that we don't have to eat steamed kaya butter bread every morning ..haha.








Best Blog Tips

5 comments:

  1. Wah those jelly cups are really classic!! We have those at home too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah yeah I also remember the jelly cups :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can borrow those jelly cups not? Thinking to make vodka agar agar ... give you some =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. can. but they r quite old..some a bit yellowish. u wan to mk in yogja ah :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silly meh, make in yogja ... I am thinking to make during CNY (since I've nothing to do - only start work on the 4th day)!

    ReplyDelete